Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daughters are amazing...


I am truly blessed by the existence of my only child, a daughter who brings joys and worries and epiphanies all at the same time. She's 21 and for the sake of economy, still lives at home while she attends school. This works well for all three of us, of course, but there are a few sacrifices to make and compromises to offer up in order to make this work. For instance, I am not allowed to dance (eew MUM!) but I am allowed to drive her anywhere at anytime and to shop with her anywhere at anytime and in return she helps me with housework and shows me how to put pictures on my blog. Her knowledge of wiring and all things computer always amazes me. I am thrilled she took sound and lighting in High School. It's helped with everything from VCR set ups to anything electrical. I'm so pleased she'll never have to say "the stereo can't get set up until John or Dad comes over."



It is a strange, transitional time for us. She has one more year of art school before she gets her degree. She must be wondering "what the hell am I going to do with my life?" and I'm thinking, what the heck is she going to do with her life? too. Anything I do gets criticized or demeaned. Anything I say is piffle. I remember pretty well how horrible I was to my own mother and so roll with this knowing one day things will change. In the interim, please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment