Saturday, May 9, 2009

It occurred to me...

...I actually wanted to start this blog because now I'm "older" I'm starting to see people the way my mother did when I was in my 20s. She used to appreciate the young women in my age group for their beauty and often told them "you should be a model." One actually listened to her and took modelling up as a career for awhile. I see now what she saw. To be young is to be beautiful I've discovered, and I don't mean the ridiculous stigma of youth versus age in this culture. I find many of the women and men in my age group to be just fascinating to look at for their years of experience and the lines on their faces. But the young are contemporary sculptures, each lovely for their uniqueness and newness to the world. They are simply lovely to look at. My dream is to take my camera and capture the people and things I find lovely to show you. The beautiful babies - puppies and kittens - flowers - sunsets and young girls (there's nothing as joyous and delightful as a happy four year old or a young mother with her first baby) I wish to take pictures for this blog to show you the beauty in the everyday. So we'll see how this progresses. In the meantime, here's two of my flower pictures.














No comments:

Post a Comment